New to Kegging - 100% CO2 or Nitrogen/CO2 Mix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late to the party, but I disagree with what others have said. If Beer Gas was a bad thing, or had no advantages, bars and restaurants wouldn't use it. It definitely has advantages over 100% CO2, especially in long draw tap systems. Also depending on the gas mix 70/30 or 25/75 (that's the ratio of CO2 to N2) The first would be fine on any kegging system whereas the second is only used on Nitro systems.

I believe most of us prefer the easiest method to achieve results. That solution is 100% CO2.

Here is a good article for anyone looking into beer gas.
http://www.craftbrewersconference.com/wp-content/uploads/NewGuidelines-BlendedGasforDraughtBeer1.pdf

Good Luck!

I must have missed (or forgotten) a statement that "Beer gas is bad" in this thread. For long-line dispensing it's nearly mandatory to propel beer over long distances without over-carbonation - assuming exploiting tubing diameters alone is an inadequate solution (as it often is)....

Cheers!

Back