New to CARB Stone and Oxigen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edulord

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!.
I've just received my first CARB stone for my Conical fermenter (125L) (Spunding, PRV and all other accesories in place).
Tank of CO2 an Oxigen ready (Both with Flowmeters)
Two things i've never did:
1) Oxigen the beer with equipment. Is there any calculation for it or should i pump some O2 por some time?
2) Isobaric CARB.. I did this a lot and my beers ended with a few volumes below the desired ones (And then finished carb in KEG).
Now with the stone: I've read a lot of posts and found several answers.. The only thing i wont do is to open the prv and lose Co2 in the air.. but in terms of process i keep reading and i cant find a clean process description....
a) check wetting pressure
b) lock headspace with calculated pressure (for desired volumes)
c) inject c02. (HERE.. how to see/use the flowmeter...)

So.. if someone can guide me.. it would be great

Thanks!

Someone else will chime in with actual numbers for flow rate. I don't have a flow meter, but I oxygenate by turning on the O2 until I can see it coming out of the stone, back it off until the bubbles are just breaking the surface, then stir it around the bottom of the fermenter for 1-2 minutes. Works like a charm. I think I got that from one of Jamil Zainasheff's Brewing Network podcasts.

You can definitely over-oxygenate, so don't go thinking that more is better.

Hi! Thanks for the answer.
Tomorrow first batch with it. I have the wetting pressure already. So for now i am going to hit that pressure for some minute or two.

Perfect. I'll set the flowmeter at around 1 lpm and check results next time. mi oxy tanks regulator is fixed on 1 bar (hope there is no problem there)..
Do you own a DO meter o something?

Back