New to brewing, new to brewtalk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gurrback

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know there is an introductions area, but I thought I'd give a "hello" to everyone out there as well as a big "thank you" for the insight you have provided me with over the past few months. As a new home brewer, the information I have gathered on here has become an invaluable resource as I strive to create the perfect batch of suds. I am SO excited about brewing up a storm this summer and experimenting with some truly unique recipes.

Today I am going to bottle my first kit from The Brew House (IPA). This was really a baby step...more of a project to understand sanitization and the fermentation. While I didn't really create this beer, I'm still excited to drink something that I put together in my own kitchen.

Next up is a batch of Sam Calagione's A-Z brown ale. This was my first extract batch and it is currently 1 week into fermentation. So far the gravity readings have been bang on and the smell is sweet and wonderful. Can't wait to bottle this brew!

you may not have "created" the receipe but you created BEER!

Just a quick update on my progress: IM HOOKED!!!

My friend And I are so pumped about this hobby. For the past 2-3 months all we've done is discuss brewing and brainstorm about what to do next. It's truly an exciting time!

We've made 4 batches in total, 3 extract and the kit I spoke of in my original post. The kit was surprisingly passable (albeit didn't blow my socks off) and our second batch (big, big, brown ale with maple syrup and molasses) is actually quite good. My friends were genuinely impressed...as was I !!

Right now we have a mandarine orange heffe fermenting and a ridiculously hoppy IPA that we are attempting to dry hop for the first time. We have an extra fridge around so at the encouragement of friends and the slowly rising temps we are going to attempt an easy-drinking lager.

Anyways, much thanks to everyone for their insight !

Latest posts

Back