New to Brewing - Just Brewed First Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnmaestro

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

My name is Chris and I'm currently calling Florida my home. I've always been interested in the art and science of brewing beer and so my father bought me a kit for my birthday. I just finished my first brew day, and with any luck I did everything right. I'm a little concerned that I pitched the yeast at a temperature a bit too high, somewhere in the 80's, but after poking around this site, I've decided just to go through the process anyways and see what happens. At the very least it will give me some good experience for when I do my next batch. I'm starting pretty small with the ingredients that came with the kit, a True Brew Amber Ale, and luckily there is a home brew shop in my area so I can keep going.

Well I'll probably have questions in the future, but for now thanks for this site with all your collective experience for me to draw on.

Happy Brewing,
Chris

Hey Chris! Welcome to the fun. What part of Florida, if I may ask? I've been brewing a few batches up here in Tallahassee and have had some pretty great results so far.

@Grizzly - The weather isn't hot enough yet to make things a problem, so long as you stay out of the direct sunlight! :mug:

Hey Chris! Welcome to the fun. What part of Florida, if I may ask? I've been brewing a few batches up here in Tallahassee and have had some pretty great results so far.

@Grizzly - The weather isn't hot enough yet to make things a problem, so long as you stay out of the direct sunlight! :mug:

I'm in Gainesville for a few years, and I agree, the weather's been pretty good except for every now and then, and my house is central air conditioned anyway, so my closet stays pretty good for brewing temps.

Happy Brewing,
Chris

Back