New To Beer Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg10

Reaction score
So I am new to beer brewing however I have been making my own wine for a few years. Due to my love for a good brew I have decided to try my hand at making beer. I have made my own 10 gal cooler mash tun already and have placed the order for my new 16 gal brew kettle and outdoor burner.

I am also a member over at Wine Making Talk and that's where I heard about this forum. I'm hoping for some good all grain brews in my near future.

Derek

:mug:

Jumping in head first, nice! There's no shame in starting simple with some extract kits and easing in.

In any event, welcome to the site! :)

Thanks!

I agree! I eased in by helping a buddy of mine on brew day to see what it was like. He has been brewing all grain for a while. Once I saw the process and tasted some of his beers I was sold.

I converted to all-grain brewing after five or six extract brews. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. For your first few brewing sessions you might want to have a pretty good checklist to use. There are a lot of tasks that can be overlooked if you are not careful. After time you learn different ways you can multi-task that will shorten your brew day. One example is cleaning and storing equipment after you are done with it. That way you don't have a big mess at the end of your session.
Your wine making experience should help because you understand fermentation and sanitation.

Good luck!

Back