New to All grain, looking for suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eckrich

Reaction score
Anyone have a good set of instructions for my maiden voyage in all-grain? I have done 20 or so extract batches and ready for the next level.

I'd encourage you to give BIAB a good look. I think it's a good allgrain method or a nice stepping stone to a more complex three kettle system.

Worth a read anyway..

I did a partial mash kit from AHS before going full all grain. After that I didn't even use "instructions" with the first AG batch.

Information is all over the internet. I would recommend not reading just one article from one website, but a variety as there are so many tid bits of info out there. Be careful on your mash temps and don't go higher than 155 degrees is my suggestion when you do a single step mash. I've been doing all-grain for 1 year or so and have noticed that temp control on mash is more important that other things. You don't want those bitter flavors from grain extraction at high temps.

Try a 90 minute boil instead of a 60 minute boil as it will make a cleaner beer when doing AG. Boil for 30min and then add your 60min boil hop additions.

If you use Beersmith after you put in your recipe with your mash and system info hit the Brew steps button it will give you step by step instructions.:) I'm assuming you are refering to the brew session and have your system ready to go.

Back