New to AG, new to Recipe Formulation. Critique?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignoramus012

Reaction score
I'm new to All Grain, and I've never tried to make my own recipe before. I probably won't try to brew it until I have more AG brews under my belt, but it's fun to play with.

I'd like to make a brown ale version of Dominion's Oak Barrel Stout; pretty sweet, and full bodied, but less dark and more toasty than roasty. I found an Oak Barrel Clone Recipe, removed the really dark malts, and dialed back the hops. Here it is:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/130849/oak-barrel-brown

For those of you who have experience with this kind of thing, does this look like it might achieve what I'm looking for?

Thanks!

(edit: I'm completely guessing on my efficiency. I haven't tried to do the math yet.)

I'm not familiar with the cloned beer, but I would say it all looks good. However, I usually see Pearle used as bittering hops, and Willamette as the late kettle addition. It should work either way.

Good luck!
--LexusChris

Back