New Threads SERIOUSLY!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
It is important to post in the right forum, I think we all get that. What is irritating me lately are all of the posts with a title that has nothing to do with the question or content of the post.

You'd think it would be common sense, and I don't want to call anyone out specifically, but please! Do not name a thread that is about your next recipe "hot lhbs cashier!" (just a made up example)

With so many people posting, it sucks to go into a post that you think you want to read only to find out that it is about something completely unrelated.

Thanks!:mug:

cheezydemon said:
With so many people posting, it sucks to go into a post that you think you want to read only to find out that it is about something completely unrelated.

That happened to me just now! I'm so pissed.

Maybe you should retitle this thread "Title Your Threads Appropriately" or "Use Descriptive Thread Titles"

:cross::D

just messin' with you...my boss is gone for the day and I'm post whoring.

Put your mouse pointer over the thread link, but don't click. A little box will pop up with the first few words in the thread...giving you a preview...

What!?!?!? This thread isn't about stainless steel vs. aluminum?!?!?! Thats it, I'm getting back to work....

Bobby_M said:
I do the mouseover trick but it still doesn't excuse poor thread titling skills. Sometimes the first paragraph is a bunch of off topic background info.

I agree---mf'ers need to do a better job. You know, I'm having deja vu...was there another thread about this...?:D ;)

That is Funny Beerthoven!

And yes the mouse over is a must, but when it just shows a huge paragraph, or it is misleading also.

BTW, I just posted a thread where I want you guys to critique my upcoming recipe. I called it "Baseball Joke".

cheezydemon said:
Evan!....brother.....it is OK to be drunk all of the time...but I am worried about you man!:cross: :drunk: :D

I'm just messin with ya, brothah. Wish I were drunk right now. Might have to leave and go do that.

You can also click on the
report.gif
sign in the post and report what is wrong with the post and the Mods can remedy the situation by putting it in the proper section.

EdWort said:
report.gif
sign in the post and report what is wrong with the post and the Mods can remedy the situation by putting it in the proper section.

I reserve that poster report button for spam and horrible tubgirl-esque stuff. I guess I could use it more...

EdWort said:
report.gif

But will they change a mis-leading title?

(you don't like tub girl?.......Oh god...just threw up a little bit in my mouth)

Beerthoven said:
That happened to me just now! I'm so pissed.

Maybe you should retitle this thread "Title Your Threads Appropriately" or "Use Descriptive Thread Titles"

:cross::D

just messin' with you...my boss is gone for the day and I'm post whoring.

I was thinking the exact same thing....just an example of what not to do, right?

Evan! said:
I reserve that poster report button for spam and horrible tubgirl-esque stuff. I guess I could use it more...

That's YOU that's reporting all the spam?????

Just kidding. Certainly let one of us know the issue- just send one of us a PM and we can even gently let the the poster know what we did and why. If this is a specific individual time after time, let us know so we can deal with it.

Anytime you see an inappropriate post, or have an issue with anything at all, let one of us know. We'll be glad to take care of it.

Beerrific said:
I was thinking the exact same thing....just an example of what not to do, right?

I'm sorry! so this wasn't about posting new threads? What, does your mouse over not work?

I guess some folks feel the need to create a catchy post title to get people to read and respond.

We all know that everyone here is referring to (and dissapointed in) the "How Can I Get More Head" thread.

I still click on it several times a day...just on the off chance... ;)

Lol, let's jack that thread. I will ignore all previous posts and give a casual piece of advice on how to get more oral sex. You then reply in kind, Sound good?
....maybe not.

Back