New thermostat. Now compressor doesn't come on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordwheeling250

Reaction score
I recently purchased an old beverage air bm23 that was running too cold. I put in a new thermostat now the compressor doesn't kick on. I jumped the thermostat and it comes right on. I put the old thermostat back in and nothing happens. Any ideas on what could be going on?

Points to the new thermostat being incompatible, defective - or way out of calibration.

If this is the typical mechanical (bulb and capillary) oem thermostat, there's a coarse adjustment screw that might need addressing.
It's typically hidden under a sticker/label. Before you toss it, check that out...

Cheers!

I replaced the thermostat in my beermeister, but the wiring was a little strange.

So I jumpered the OEM thermostat wires together, and then used a inkbird to control the outlet to plug the fridge into.

Works like a champ now.

I replaced the thermostat in my beermeister, but the wiring was a little strange.

So I jumpered the OEM thermostat wires together, and then used a inkbird to control the outlet to plug the fridge into.

Works like a champ now.

Side note but do you happen to have a guide or instructions on how to do this? I have a beermeister as well and need to do the same thing but search results aren't coming up with much

Latest posts

Back