New System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keyman

Reaction score
Finally got my Sanka Kegs (3) I have several idea on building a new system. I know that stainless is the best but I saw several video's & Pictures of people using brass, copper, & plastic. One I saw was a guy had his whole system plumbed with PVC plastic. Is this something to look at? I need to keep my budget pretty low. Stainless is so expensive. Silicone hose is also flexible gold. Anyone have some low cost ideas. I sort of like the PVC plumbing but know if it is safe. I have all my house water lines in PVC.

CPVC is what is used in residential plumbing. Better heat rating, but IDK if it would tolerate boiling...

I dont think pvc would be good due to leaching/warping and possibly melting over time IMO. Brass and copper work but must be well maintained... ss of course is the best and for good reason. I went with brass at first and pieced together ss over time. Just get some PBW and soak the brass (if you go that rout) often to avoid any build up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

PVC is not for heat... CPVC is (but not boiling hot).
I would go with copper and brass if you're on a budget.

Back