New SUUUUUUPER Sweet Beer Store in Columbia, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DraconianHand

nudge, nudge, wink, wink
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's called The Perfect Pour and it just opened in the new shopping center (with Lowes and Costco) off of 95 and Rt. 175.

The place has a bigger beer selection than it has a wine or liquor selection. Most of the singles they have are bombers or 750's, but I spoke to the lady that runs/owns the place and she said that they will have many of the six packs offered as singles. Apparently they are just waiting for the displays to come in.

After I spent so much, raved about their selection and blathered on about how I was going to tell everyone I knew about this place, I asked to purchase a Duvel tulip glass. They gave it to me (they probably got it for free in a package deal, but still it was nice).

Here is what I got:

beer1.JPG

• Aspall Medium English Draft Cider
  • Avery Salvation
  • Cantillon Bruocsella Grand Cru
  • Cantillon Kriek
  • Cantillon Vigeronne
  • Fonteinen Schaereeks Kriek
  • Lindemens Pomme
  • Rodenbach
  • Rodenbach Grand Cru
  • Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pilsner
  • Sam Smith Taddy Porter
  • Smuttynose Wheat Wine
  • Southhampton Biere de Garde
  • Stone Ruination IPA
  • St. Peters Golden Ale
  • Victory Baltic Porter
  • Wells Banana Bread
  • Duvel tulip glass (gratis :rockin:)

Nice. I think a 45 minute drive one-way would be worth it.

How were their prices?

I want that glass!

Hey, isn't there a bar in Columbia were they have about 75 beers on tap?

Somewhere off of Broken Land Parkway?

SWEET! I'll have to check that place out the next time I'm down in Columbia!

I know of another nice place too, which is right near my place in Eldersburg. I went there at first as kind of a joke- with a name like "Total Discount Liquors" (seriously,) I figured it was going to be a really trashy place. It turns out that they have a HUGE beer selection, both cases/6 packs and more exotic single bottles. It's like a little beer paradise, practically right in my backyard :drunk:

MULE said:
Hey, isn't there a bar in Columbia were they have about 75 beers on tap?

Somewhere off of Broken Land Parkway?

Hey, if anyone knows of this place, I want to know too!

Also, check out "Regional Food & Drink" down in DC (near chinatown)- http://www.lovethebeer.com/rfd.html I went there for my birthday last weekend. They say they have 300 types of bottled beers, and I can attest to that. They probably had a good 50 or so on tap as well. Apparently (its on the same website,) the same company also has another place in DC called the "Brickskellar," which boasts 1,000 types of bottled beer :cross: That place is on my list of places to check out!

Great. Now I know the next place I'll be dropping some serious dime. I work in Columbia so that's not problem for me.

Max's in Fells Point has tons of beers on tap. I don't know of any place in Columbia that does. Last Chance on Stevens Forest Rd (which is kinda off Broken Land) used to, but they closed 3 or 4 years ago.

For some strange reason my wife wants to move back to Columbia. Maybe some day I'll be a local there again.

RFD and the Brickskeller are owned by the same guy. The only problem with their "1000 beer beerlist" is that they never have most of it in stock. What is left has usually been sitting around for so long that it's all crusty.

I used to spend a lot of time at Timberlake's instead. At one point I was in there so much the bartender "forgot" to give me my tab at the end of the night.

I think it was at the end of Steven Forest RD. Google isn't coming up with anything :(

adx said:
RFD and the Brickskeller are owned by the same guy. The only problem with their "1000 beer beerlist" is that they never have most of it in stock. What is left has usually been sitting around for so long that it's all crusty.

I used to spend a lot of time at Timberlake's instead. At one point I was in there so much the bartender "forgot" to give me my tab at the end of the night.
Ah, thanks

Heck, I used to live on Stevens Forest Rd; I don't remember a bar there though. I lived in one of the apartments on the end of the road near two schools...not a fun place to live, to be honest, and I don't regret moving one bit. Some of the houses further down the street looked nice though.

There's a nice Thai restaurant on that road though, near where I used to live :)

Yeah, I pretty much suspected that would be the case, I stuck mostly to the stuff on tap at RFD and was pretty happy though :mug: I finally got to try Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and Arrogant Bastard- both really good beers!

Max's in Fells Point has tons of beers on tap.

I've been there too, and yep, that place is good as well!

I used to work on Stevens Forrest Rd about ten years ago. If you look on a map, it would be on the east side of Broken Land PKWY. The place was in a little shopping center.

Yep, I know exactly where you're talking about (that was near where I lived.) The place must be gone, because I would have noticed a good bar if it was right near me ;) I moved away from there about 2.5 years ago.

doubleb said:
sorry to tell you this, but that banana bread beer isn't good. Try it once and move on.

I am not surprised. ;)

Anyhow, the Last Chance Saloon in Columbia closed down several years ago. The Pheonix in old Ellicott City has a nice selection and I hear the Judges Bench (also in EC) is good too.

Phoenix in Old Ellicott is good (everything is bottled though, nothing on tap that i've ever noticed.) They have a "beer club" too, I think you get a T-shirt if you go through their entire beer list (I have a few friends that are close to finishing.) The Old Elllicot Brewing Co. just up the hill has some pretty good stuff that they make there, and good food as well.

Guess I'll be heading north from Southern MD real soon. I wish I'd convinced my son to go to UMBC instead of Salisbury. I'd be up there every other weekend.

Also, talking about bars with great beer lists, there's Rustico in Northern VA, down the GW Parkway past National Airport. They've got 30 on tap and over 300 in the bottle (and can). And the food is very good. Rustico

Apparently (its on the same website,) the same company also has another place in DC called the "Brickskellar," which boasts 1,000 types of bottled beer :cross: That place is on my list of places to check out![/QUOTE]

....wow other Maryland brewers, hell yeah!
anyway, dont let 'em talk you out of it, Brickskeller is definately a cool place and worth checking out. its true that half of hte beers you order are out of stock, but ive never been dissapointed with what i order, and the list is so big its fun just to read through it. it is expensive as hell though, be prepared to drop some bucks.

Md. homebrew is my lhbs so will have to check this store out next time im in the area. my favorite store is Wells on york road in Towson...if your ever in the baltimore area, its definately worth checking out. Burtonsville Beer and Wine isnt bad either for a Monty county liquor store.

doubleb said:
sorry to tell you this, but that banana bread beer isn't good. Try it once and move on.
I liked it. It has a very interesting flavor. Wouldn' t get hammered on it, but good every now and then.

MikeB said:
Guess I'll be heading north from Southern MD real soon. I wish I'd convinced my son to go to UMBC instead of Salisbury. I'd be up there every other weekend.

Also, talking about bars with great beer lists, there's Rustico in Northern VA, down the GW Parkway past National Airport. They've got 30 on tap and over 300 in the bottle (and can). And the food is very good. Rustico

Nice, DFH120 IIPA? Can you say Taxi? :mug:

Back