New single tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGBrewer

Reaction score
sophiawinford.jpg

I decided that since I was using a pump and batch sparging with my three tier I may as well make it easier and go with a single tier setup, will test fire it next weekend, can't wait

ArroganceFan said:
/drool :rockin:

Nice setup, what are you going to brew with it first?

:mug:
Thanks, We are going to do Richbrewers pumpkin ale, and a hopped up brown ale

Once you've got a pump, there just isn't any reason for a 3-tier. Except floor space.

david_42 said:
Once you've got a pump, there just isn't any reason for a 3-tier. Except floor space.
Yeah but with the stand on wheels I can drag it wherever I want so floor space won't be an issue.

Dude said:
Wow, that looks GREAT!!!!!!!!
Thanks man

Very Nice
I'm getting ready to build mine, I think im going to do a 2 tier ( HLT and Mash tun 1 level and boil pot lower) dont know yet.

Again very nice

attachment.php
Biermuncher jealous? No sir it is I that am jealous of you. I tried as hard as I could to cut my keggles like this but no one can hold a torch to you.

Keggle_1.JPG

Fantastic setup. I am a pump and one keg away from starting to build something VERY similar. would you mind providing more details on your buildup. I would really appreciate it. Could you also explain the procedure for brewing through it. It is a very well made well thought out design.

I say "Good Job Sir"

That looks like a sweet setup! :rockin: I approve! Would you mind taking some more pics of your setup? I'd also be interested in the dimensions of the rig and any other info you'd like to divulge.

dblvsn said:
That looks like a sweet setup! :rockin: I approve! Would you mind taking some more pics of your setup? I'd also be interested in the dimensions of the rig and any other info you'd like to divulge.

I second that request. You have pretty much what I'd like to do down the line. Any additional specs you'd be willing to provide would be greatly appreciated!

Bobby_M said:
Step one: Hit the walmart parking lot at 3am with an adjustable wrench and steal 4 castors off the shopping carts.

;-)
:D

The stand is 56" wide, 16" deep, 15 3/4" tall plus the wheels: about 7 inches. There is 4 inches between the kettle and mlt, and mlt and hlt. Tell me what you want pics of and I will take them.

What kind of hose and fittings did you use and where did you get them?
Are you happy with them?
Where did you get your sight-glasses?
Are your fittings welded?

evanmars said:
What kind of hose and fittings did you use and where did you get them?
Are you happy with them?
Where did you get your sight-glasses?
Are your fittings welded?
I have 1/2 silicone hose, with cpc quick connects. The fittings on the pump are garden hose fittings. The QD's work like a dream but haven't brewed with them yet.
I built my sight glass with 1/2 pipe x 1/2 compression 90's, and polycarbonate tubing.
Yes all my fittings are welded. I work with an excellent welder. 6-pack=all the stainless welding I want

Very nice set up, man! I really like the green...really gives it some character. I also like those dimensions. You really managed to streamline the size...a very difficult part of the project to get right, IMHO...especially later when you start plumbing/wiring. I went the wood route and it still ended up pretty large...

Back