New single tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

AGBrewer

Reaction score

I decided that since I was using a pump and batch sparging with my three tier I may as well make it easier and go with a single tier setup, will test fire it next weekend, can't wait

OP
AGBrewer

AGBrewer

Reaction score
ArroganceFan said:
/drool :rockin:

Nice setup, what are you going to brew with it first?

:mug:
Thanks, We are going to do Richbrewers pumpkin ale, and a hopped up brown ale

david_42

Reaction score
Once you've got a pump, there just isn't any reason for a 3-tier. Except floor space.

OP
AGBrewer

AGBrewer

Reaction score
david_42 said:
Once you've got a pump, there just isn't any reason for a 3-tier. Except floor space.
Yeah but with the stand on wheels I can drag it wherever I want so floor space won't be an issue.

Dude said:
Wow, that looks GREAT!!!!!!!!
Thanks man

Lil' Sparky

Cowboys EAC
Reaction score
VERY NICE!!!

My 3-tier's been great, but I would definately prefer a single tier like you've got there.

attitude

Reaction score
Very Nice
I'm getting ready to build mine, I think im going to do a 2 tier ( HLT and Mash tun 1 level and boil pot lower) dont know yet.

Again very nice

OP
AGBrewer

AGBrewer

Reaction score
Biermuncher jealous? No sir it is I that am jealous of you. I tried as hard as I could to cut my keggles like this but no one can hold a torch to you.

Keggle_1.JPG

Two Dog's Brewing

Reaction score
Fantastic setup. I am a pump and one keg away from starting to build something VERY similar. would you mind providing more details on your buildup. I would really appreciate it. Could you also explain the procedure for brewing through it. It is a very well made well thought out design.

I say "Good Job Sir"

dblvsn

Reaction score
That looks like a sweet setup! :rockin: I approve! Would you mind taking some more pics of your setup? I'd also be interested in the dimensions of the rig and any other info you'd like to divulge.

rdwj

Reaction score
dblvsn said:
That looks like a sweet setup! :rockin: I approve! Would you mind taking some more pics of your setup? I'd also be interested in the dimensions of the rig and any other info you'd like to divulge.
I second that request. You have pretty much what I'd like to do down the line. Any additional specs you'd be willing to provide would be greatly appreciated!

OP
AGBrewer

AGBrewer

Reaction score
Bobby_M said:
Step one: Hit the walmart parking lot at 3am with an adjustable wrench and steal 4 castors off the shopping carts.

;-)
:D

The stand is 56" wide, 16" deep, 15 3/4" tall plus the wheels: about 7 inches. There is 4 inches between the kettle and mlt, and mlt and hlt. Tell me what you want pics of and I will take them.

Reaction score
What kind of hose and fittings did you use and where did you get them?
Are you happy with them?
Where did you get your sight-glasses?
Are your fittings welded?

OP
AGBrewer

AGBrewer

Reaction score
evanmars said:
What kind of hose and fittings did you use and where did you get them?
Are you happy with them?
Where did you get your sight-glasses?
Are your fittings welded?
I have 1/2 silicone hose, with cpc quick connects. The fittings on the pump are garden hose fittings. The QD's work like a dream but haven't brewed with them yet.
I built my sight glass with 1/2 pipe x 1/2 compression 90's, and polycarbonate tubing.
Yes all my fittings are welded. I work with an excellent welder. 6-pack=all the stainless welding I want

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
Very nice set up, man! I really like the green...really gives it some character. I also like those dimensions. You really managed to streamline the size...a very difficult part of the project to get right, IMHO...especially later when you start plumbing/wiring. I went the wood route and it still ended up pretty large...