new Sauerkraut..and tomorrow - kimchi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stahlsau

Reaction score
hi all,
I've started some Sauerkraut today (well, I'm a Kraut, so what).
I'm always a bit bewildered how much the cabbage is reduced during the process...three big heads and a bag of carrots went into 4 tiny jars.
IMG_20220421_190523_compress78.jpg

Tomorrow I'll get the gochugaru and fish sauce (?) and make some kimchi, I hope. Napa cabbage is waiting.
Hope this will work out...

well now..kimchi done (mak-kimchi or easy kimchi, as called in the recipe)
IMG_20220422_184040_compress74.jpg

hope this will work out..the last time I overdosed on the chili flakes, it made me cry....

And since I was at it, some "Soleier" (pickled eggs, maybe?)
20 in sole (salty water), 5 as a test in a mixture of wine-vinegar and hot sauce.

IMG_20220422_184044_compress26.jpg

I love it ;-)

Those all look tasty. Love thye variety. I need to whip some kimchi up myself. I'm overdue. Hot sauce eggs should turn out ok. I do a recipe that is Franks Red Hot, cider vinegar, distilled vinegar, water, sugar and chopped onions. After 7-10 days they are delicious. Heck I eat them for breakfast with a bagel.

yeah I hope it will work. The sauce smelled extremely strong, it made me sneeze like 5 times in a row...

Back