New regulator for multiple taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager_brewer

Face down on the floor
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new, old fridge that I made into my second kegerator. With this one I put the CO2 tank on the outside so I can have 4 kegs in at once. I am looking for a regulator that will support 4 taps at different pressures. I have looked at many sites but I am a little confused. Most multi systems I have seen can not adjust the pressure individually. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
EB

Four pressures means four regulators. One regulator and a distributor won't do the job. I have a primary regulator at the tank and two secondaries. Each secondary has a two-way manifold. That gives me three pressures for five kegs.

The first question is whether you really need four separate serving pressures or not. Lots of people will want to accomodate two pressures - one high pressure (30PSI-ish) for soda or force carbing, another for regular beers, or they'll want one for serving something like an English bitter at a lower carb level.

Usually, though, people get by with maybe two different serving pressures.

Now, to DO this, you need multiple regulators. You'll need a primary regulator that's connected directly to the tank, and three secondary regulators that will each step down the pressure. You aren't going to find a single regulator that will do this.

You also might see CO2 manifolds around, where you can hook up multiple kegs to a single regulator, but as you noticed that means they are all at the same pressure. That's a fairly cheap way to set up multiple kegs, but that means you give up that flexibility.

Perhaps just dual regulator will do. I have mostly IIPAs on tap and the occasional stout. And I really don't have to force carb to much as I really like to add a little priming sugar to the keg.

**Threadjack**

David, could you explain what's needed to do what you did? I'm picking up 6 cornies and a 20lb CO2 tank next weekend for a steal and will have a soda and carbonated water in 2 of them. I plan to get a 4-way manifold for the beer. The soda and water should be able to be at the same pressure.

It sounds like I would do a 2-way split from the first regulator, which is set at the soda pressure, and then add a second regulator before the 4-way manifold to bring that down to the 10-12 that I serve at. I would do another 2-way manifold for the soda and sparkling water. Is there anything needed for the inline regulator connection? Looking at pictures of the regulators, it isn't intuitive..

Thanks!

Back