New Refractomenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIAB-Tim

Reaction score
I have been Brewing for 3 years now and love it ! I'm always looking to make Brew Day a little easier and I'm wondering why I didn't add this to my My equipment list long ago, I researched refractomenter's pros & con and decided on the Brew Tapper dual scale with ATC, today was its first outing, I was lead to believe that the dual scale would not corespond with one another. After a minor calibration per the instructions with distilled water we were off to the races Brewing a Cream Ale, Eureka gold at last this Bad Boy" worked perfectly ! Just a small amount of wort cooled to room temp gave me a Brix that matched the OGS on the scale and it matched up with the trusty old hydrometer minus that old long messy hydrometer column full of wort that takes so long to chill. Hats off to Brew Tapper ! I wish I would have spent the $30.00 long ago !

And yes I'm sure that my FG with the Brew Tapper will not give a correct reading due to the alcohol, but for brew day pre & post boil, sure made it a breeze ! I will use both old Hydrometer and Refractomenter for my final FG and learn to use the Brewers Friend adjustment guide plus the Hydrometer reading and see if I find it to inconsistent and just use the Hydrometer for FG !

Back