new recipe im trying out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kewlio250

Reaction score
5-6 gallons motts 100%
5-6 LARGE oranges
Safale S-04 yeast
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 can apple concentrate
1/4 can orange concentrate
1/2lb brown sugar

-pitch the yeast in a water bottle full of apple juice
-juice the oranges
-boil the orange peels in some of the orange juice, add in cinnamon sticks and brown sugar
-pour apple juice into fermenter
-combine with orange concoction (skins and all) and pitched yeast, stirring slowly to mix
-once bubbler calms, get ready to bottle
-once ready to bottle, open fermenter and add in the 1/2 can apple and 1/4 can orange concentrate, then stir it in, and bottle as normally
-pasteurize all bottles as soon as you're finished

starting this tomorrow, gonna keep it updated as i follow the recipe

Btw interested in suggested primary, secondary and conditioning times? I left a cider 2 week prim 1 week sec and 2 weeks into bottling. 1st sample tastes like apple champagne but needs more time.

Btw interested in suggested primary, secondary and conditioning times? I left a cider 2 week prim 1 week sec and 2 weeks into bottling. 1st sample tastes like apple champagne but needs more time.

i only have a primary right now, going to be getting a carboy when i find one cheap enough

ok i put it all in primary tonight, i used the skins after i zested them, to get the most juice out of the oranges, and added apple juice into the boiling pot to give it a more watery consistency, and now the entire house smells like delicious apple pie, after pouring it all together, it smells great, cant wait to bottle it!
will keep everyone posted

Back