New product - False Bottom with electric element opening AND dip tube opening

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been building a LOT of these lately so I thought I would post up a picture for you guys using an electric elements. 1 opening for the electric element and another for the dip tube. A lot of BIAB guys have been requesting these to keep the bag off the element.

Cheers
Jay

IMG_20160121_131147833.jpg

I was JUST drawing one of these yesterday in CAD for a smaller experimental BIAB system.

Seriously... yesterday. I'll be sending you the dimensions in the next few weeks.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are these on your website?
Thanks

Because of the custom nature of each they are not yet.. If you are in the need for one just shoot me a PM or an Email and we can discuss. I am working on getting them up there but because they are all custom (stand height, opening location for element, opening location for dip tube) its hard to set up a page for them but we are working on it.
For cost comparison they are about $25 more than the normal false bottoms of the same height and diameter on my site.

Cheers
Jay

This is brilliant. Saving this thread for reference in future.

Would this work in a keggle? Also, would the false bottom sit above the element and dip tube? (i.e. does the picture show the FB upside down)

I think it can work in a keggle IF and only IF the entire top was cut off. See, I use the top as the structure to hold it all together. Going into a keggle normally needs a hinge.

Yes the picture is of the bottom.
Victor and I are working very hard to get this new listing done for this and have it make sense and make it user friendly for all the kettles we make false bottoms for.
I will keep you posted as to how its developing.

Until then if you have a request don't hesitate to just PM me..

Cheers
Jay

Latest posts

Back