"New Posts" addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arg, lol .. I just tried that. Keeps opening new windows for me. I so want a freeking button ....

In honor of this thread, I know have a key on my keyboard programmed to automatically open HBT's New Posts when used

Now that's dedi... err... addiction!

On my laptop, I always have an HBT window open, so when I wake it from sleep, I just click the magic link.

-Steve

Oh man I just found a new way to feed my addiction. I didn't realize the little blue button next to the thread title took you to the first new post.

Just added a bookmark to the "New Posts" link on Safari's bookmark bar. So that's kinda like a permanent link on all HBT pages, but maybe even a little better.

-Steve

New POsts, is basically all I use. If it's not on the New posts list each time I refresh, I won't see it. If no new posts, I wait 5 seconds maybe and hit again. Then after post I'll hit it.

You rat bastard sunza biatches, mudda fuggas!!!!!! I never saw that link before! Now i'll never get off here, my wife is gonna leave me..... I hope you are happy and the fleas from a thousand camels crotch infest your wifes vagina!

Seriously though, i never saw it, i'm screwed SWMBO is gonna kill me now.

Sweet. I saw "New Posts" when I clicked "New Posts"!

[EDIT]Errr... it was when I clicked on "My Replies". Duh.[/EDIT]

-Steve

I wish I could see how many times I click that damn link a month. Its either this or my replies when Im bored out of my skull.
:tank:

I'm actually starting to worry about myself. Last night I obsessed on the NP page for hours and hours during the baseball games. Finally, the games were over and I then closed my laptop and just started flipping through the channels on tv. Fine. No, not fine. After about a half hour I gave in to the compulsion and flipped open the laptop and was clicking NP again. Oh no!

Me (to myself): I really need to get to bed.

My brain: Just one more click... maybe somebody posted something interesting in the last 500 milliseconds since you last clicked.

Me: Well... OK. *click*. Awww, nothing new or interesting. *yawn* I really need to get to bed.

My brain: Just one more click...

Repeat ad nauseum.

-Steve

I wont lie, if we dont keep our weekly meetings going Ill be addicted for a really long time. We should meet tuesdays. :mug:

Oh Lord, give me the strength to walk away from constantly checking new posts.

Crap. I'm doing it again.

-Steve

Me (to myself): I really need to go to bed now.

My brain: But you haven't been on HBT for months! You have so much to catch up on! Go ahead and click on your "new posts" bookmark.

Me: My eyelids feel like iron curtains and my brain is all xyxxcnviunewaess.

My brain: Wat?

Me: Fail.

-Steve

Latest posts

Back