New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toasted Coconut Cheerios Hazy DIPA w/ Sabro, Cashmere, and Mosaic. Yep, brewed with breakfast cereal.

Holy crap this beer is tasty. Much to my relief, the coconut doesn't taste fake—it's almost like what you get from hand-toasted coconut flakes, but probably a little closer to the extracts some pro brewers use. The sweetness and body are perfect, pillowy; this beer finished at 1.013 (for an 8.2% ABV) but has more residual sweetness than that number would indicate. Looking forward to killing this keg and brewing it again, if I can convince the girlfriend to give me the couple extra boxes she bought before the store ran out.

BBeERUp.jpg

OS7YVMQ.jpg

Almost wheat beer. 40% white wheat and 60% 2row. Pictured is split batch using BRY-97 the crowd favorite. The other half used munich wheat beer yeast (T-58) Is no where to be found the wheat yeast is better tasting with more mouth feel. The bry97 is light on the tongue with no yeast flavors. It's my house beer for years to come.

Attachments

• 20200710_223814.jpg
    20200710_223814.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
IPAOne, My "house" IPA. 2 Row, Wheat, Honey, Flaked Oats, Carapils. Hopped with Amarillo and Mosaic. Not intended to be hazy, but, here we are.

This is the 5th batch I made of this, and its wonderful. I have been working and refining this recipe for like 3 years, and I think its there, probably. I love to tweak so, you never know.

I like to think of it as a mix of a WC and NE IPA. Its fruity, tropical (Mostly orange and tangerine), but it also has a firm hop bitterness that blurs the lines between the 2 styles. I get burnt out sometimes just drinking either style, so this is really fun to me. The grain bill also shows up, and isn't completely overshadowed by the hops. Its great.

Also, lighting is a MFer when it comes to showing the real look of a beer...

IPAOneB5.JPG
IPAOneB5Sun.JPG
IPAOneB5Lacing.JPG

Just kicked my citra pale ale. Wife and I both loved it, going to have to brew it again once I have a keg free. Wife has been enjoying it to make radlers pouring 50/50 lemonade and the pale ale.

Back