New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

kal

Reaction score
Nitro's not something I'd have if it wasn't for the fact that I have lots of taps (10 total in the house) and only 2 are nitro taps. They're really not used that much but the difference is definitely noticeable. Before this I used to use the syringe trick* to make my beer really flat with a creamy head. It gave sort of the same result.

Kal

*Because someone will ask: Pour your CO2 beer, then use a syringe (no needle on the end) to suck up a bunch and force it back in, hard. Most of the carbonation will be knocked out of the beer leaving it fairly flat (like a nitro pour) with some head. It'd say you get about half way there. Not a real nitro pour but better than nothing. A video of it in action: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXL2lNFyXI[/ame]

BigMack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've done that before and it is definitely just not the same. Those pours just look so good. They call to me. They want me to make more beer and get a bigger keezer and get more taps and get stout faucets and.... well.. you get the picture.

KPBrews

Reaction score

kal

Reaction score
I may just have to look into converting one of the taps to a stout tap...
You'll need a new tank/regulator as well to feed the nitro/beer gas mix (usually 70/30 or 75/25 mix of Nitro to CO2). Nitro kegs are fed gas completely separate from CO2.

kal

TaylorT

Reaction score
Brooklyn Brewshop Sorachi Ace:

I was amazed how clear this one turned out. I had never heard of Sorachi Ace and the flavor was quite a surprise! Weird, but good weird...

Maple Wheat Ale, from a clone brew recipe book my wife bought me:

No, I'm not Andre the Giant, that's just a tasting/sampling glass. I'm actually really excited how well this turned out. Really nice flavor, reminds me of Weihenstephaner.

d_rock

Reaction score

First pour on my recently completed keezer. Brew is a SNPA clone. I couldn't wait any longer and poured at 6 days on 10psi, lacking a little carb but good overall. Bumped it to 12psi and hopefully it'll be on point in a few more days.

BigMack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

First pour on my recently completed keezer. Brew is a SNPA clone. I couldn't wait any longer and poured at 6 days on 10psi, lacking a little carb but good overall. Bumped it to 12psi and hopefully it'll be on point in a few more days.
That keezer looks amazing from what little is in the pic. Puts my regular old white keezer to shame!

Latest posts