New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

emac813

Reaction score
F562CF23-85F5-4BCA-A8A4-AECE36D078F8.jpeg

Hazy IPA brewed 1/17.. cleaned out the freezer using Columbus, Cascade, Sabro, Comet, Cashmere, Galaxy, Nelson, Chinook and Centennial.. 0.5-2oz each

Last edited:

Dgallo

Instagram: bantam_brews
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Homebrewed No boil Double NEIPA at 8.6% utilizing a blend of my homegrown Columbus, Cascade, and Cashmere whole cone hops and a small amount of Ella hops on the hotside. It was then fermented on the tail end on 5 lbs of Pineapple purée and dryhoped with Sabro LUPOMAX and Galaxy hops
11C108FE-51B4-416C-A092-230B397B128D.jpeg

GoodTruble

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Homebrewed No boil Double NEIPA at 8.6% utilizing a blend of my homegrown Columbus, Cascade, and Cashmere whole cone hops and a small amount of Ella hops on the hotside. It was then fermented on the tail end on 5 lbs of Pineapple purée and dryhoped with Sabro LUPOMAX and Galaxy hops View attachment 759266
Did the pineapple result in a really acidic taste? I only tried pineapple once because the acidic flavor was just too much.

monkeymath

Reaction score
Homebrewed No boil Double NEIPA at 8.6% utilizing a blend of my homegrown Columbus, Cascade, and Cashmere whole cone hops and a small amount of Ella hops on the hotside. It was then fermented on the tail end on 5 lbs of Pineapple purée and dryhoped with Sabro LUPOMAX and Galaxy hops View attachment 759266

I have vaguely toyed with the idea of adding pineapple to a saison, but I was concerned about those protein-munching enzymes the fruit contains (bye-bye head retention?). Does not seem to be the case for your beer, though.
Did you purée fresh pineapple or was the purée store-bought? If the latter, do you know if it had been heat-treated?

Dgallo

Instagram: bantam_brews
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have vaguely toyed with the idea of adding pineapple to a saison, but I was concerned about those protein-munching enzymes the fruit contains (bye-bye head retention?). Does not seem to be the case for your beer, though.
Did you purée fresh pineapple or was the purée store-bought? If the latter, do you know if it had been heat-treated?
I’m going to assume it’s heat treated, because there has been no issue on head retention. I used Goya pineapple pulp. It’s quite broken down already but I puréed it before adding it

Oleson M.D.

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like an amazing set up you have there! and the Pilsner Urquell seals the deal. Nice.

Thanks! We have a small collection of bar mats. Some of them purchased in Australia, some on Ebay. Only 3 beers on tap at the moment. We have had all 6 taps flowing, but that is mostly for large parties...about which my wife says no more!

• Haha
Reactions: CDS