New phone day, new phone day, new phone day....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sablesurfer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
...happy dance!

(I am a complete over analyzer when it comes to tech. Usually takes me about 3 months to decide on all the bits for a new computer build, and when it comes to phones.....fuhgehdabowdit.)

Second cracked screen on my Note 2 happened over a year ago. Ironically just yesterday FB reminded me with one of those 'memories' photos of my cracked screen, that I was actually seeing, on my cracked screen.

New brand to me in my phone history...Nokia, HTC(windows), HTC, iPhone(lasted <wk before return), Samsung...now a Motorola. (The OnePlusOne two or whatever lost out on camera hardware.)

YAY!! New phone day!!!!

What did you get?

I just got a new phone this week. My old phone, a Droid Razr M, was not great, but it was small (Which I like) and had an SD slot for expanded memory.

I was on my third one (All of them had earpiece speakers that failed and made everything sound like it was going through a beehive...) When I went to turn in the latest failure they said they don't carry that one anymore and I would get a Droid Maxx.

Bigger phone and no expandable memory. Oh well, as long as the 4GLTE works reliably (latest failure also had that issue) and it plays back music without skips (problem with ALL of my Razr M's.) I will live with it.

I can actually expand the memory with a plug in cord that has a USB plug on the end. You can plug any USB memory stick into it and it reads it as a memory device. Bulkier than the built-in slot, but better than nothing.

Got the Moto Pure X.
Not the top of the line battery life, but I am rarely a super user or gamer on the phone.

It will be the cleanest version of android I've had, except when I was running cyanogen.

It beat out the oneplus two or whatever because their camera and photos are getting bad reviews, and a near top line camera is one thing I always want.

Got the 32g model, my note is 16 and I made it 3 some years without filling it up, so this shouldn't need expanded memory.

I do completely hate the non-swap-able battery, but this phone kept coming out on top in last few months. Also went with a custom design because that is totally cool to me.

(Oh, and totally unlocked, all I need is a new sim and I am on another network. Also phablet sized, better hardware than my current and starts at $399 for custom order instead of jacked up $700 or forced two year contract.)

I'm really tempted to buy it. I recently upgraded to the Droid Turbo and it's a fine phone, it just looks so bland. Motorola is pretty famous for running holiday sales and I'll be tempted to pick it up if it does. ALso have my eye on (depending on price) the 360 Sport. Have the first gen and love it. But wouldn't mind the added GPS.

I might be getting a new one, too...

The power/lock button on the side of my Galaxy S4 has stopped working. This, despite the fact that the phone lives inside an OtterBox Defender case 24/7... Granted, it's been over 2 years of solid use.

It's a work-issued phone, so now I just need to wait for our IT group to get me issued a new phone. Maybe if I'm lucky, they're giving out the Galaxy S6 now?

I might be getting a new one, too...

The power/lock button on the side of my Galaxy S4 has stopped working. This, despite the fact that the phone lives inside an OtterBox Defender case 24/7... Granted, it's been over 2 years of solid use.

It's a work-issued phone, so now I just need to wait for our IT group to get me issued a new phone. Maybe if I'm lucky, they're giving out the Galaxy S6 now?

You're getting thirtyfive cents and directions to 7-11.

Back