New MicroBrew in CC,TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCBrewer

Reaction score
The Railroad Seafood Station in (Corpus Christi, Texas) is currently installing a 5bbl system in their restaurant. The tanks are installed and plumbed and wiring is in progress. I for one hope this is a great suscess an am sitting down for a late lunch as I write this.

The restaurant has the feel of a GastroPub with modernish decor wooden bench seating as well as brick wall facings. 20 seat bar with high back stools metal with wood seats. 6 tripple tap draft towers and a small selection of spirits on a back wall display.

Pics and food review will be posted later tonight

This is what I was served. The plate and fries were cold and the burger patty was press formed. I was told it was made that way in the kitchen. But it tasted like sysco order. Cross between meatloaf and a burger not ground beef.

The sauce was a cross between tarter and thousand island. The cheese I paid extra for was shreded American.

The grilled onions were not caramalized and were still crunchy crisp. Not properly sweated on the grill. The burger was topped with onion strings.

I would not pay what after tip was a $16 burger and fries with unsweat tea.

On the plus side the brewery looked amazing with new tanks and what not. O Neil tanks I believe is what I read.

I hope this was just an off day or something but I will never order food there again. Clean place the food just bites.

I will try the apps next time but only if not premade frozen box poopoo.

FYI the bun was sourdough, and I had them omit the avacado.

But Order and try it for yourself. YMMV

image-2616674581.jpg

That place is terrible, I cant believe its still open. Not to mention bad location. I just dont think Corpus can sustain a nanobrew its been tried before.

You mean Corpus correct?

Yes Sir, Corpus Christi, Texas.

I gave them a fair shake, but I have a few questions I want to address with the owner before I order a meal there. Cold plates are breeding grounds, there is no reason for cold fries either.

FYI it was a 25+ minute wait for a burger and fries(fries tasted like fish).

I was one of 5 tables that had people, and three had their food.

I should not I felt like I was going to get sick that night, burger would not go down...

That was at 1:49PM well after the lunch rush.

That place is terrible, I cant believe its still open. Not to mention bad location. I just dont think Corpus can sustain a nanobrew its been tried before.

There are a few places I love the concept of a GastroPub, Corpus Christi, TX has none of them. Fredricksburg, Tx does it right, and they are getting a larger brewery there I forgot the name but am wanting to check it out.

Now I know I will catch some flak for this, Because I know they are on this board.

B&J Pizza has a pico brewery, a brew magic setup and two fermentors.

Their beer is chill hazed and WAY too strong for they styles they say they are, and the hops do not cover the alcohol.

The bartender (male) even tried to steer me away from the 2x4 ale and then tried to give me a free pint of something else.

Those guys work their tails off I have seen it, but they need a better filtration system to get those proteins out, and some better recipes because they are not scaling them correctly.

Latest posts

Back