New member old brewer here. :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfsfriend42

Reaction score
Greetings fellow fermenters/distillers.
I am totally new here but I do understand Brewing & Distilling. Well, most of it. I do have one very serious question though and pray someone would be kind enough to answer it for me. I have no clue which Forum to post this question in.
I am using DADY yeast and I will be doing a 100% Sucrose/Sugar 5gal Batch. How much sugar per gallon is needed to get the max 22% ABV of yeast?
I hope I asked this correctly. Please forgive me if I did not, I had a stroke in 2016 and my recall is hampered.

Sincerely,
Wolfsfriend42

1655185466602.png

but distillers yeast isn't as bad ass as they've ever told me it's supposed to be, best i've gotten is with 16% turbo washed of the crappy nutes....

View attachment 771739

but distillers yeast isn't as bad ass as they've ever told me it's supposed to be, best i've gotten is with 16% turbo washed of the crappy nutes....
Thank you very much. So, is this the software available here for download? If so which one did you use?
I did a 5gal batch last year using various canned fruits & canned yams and it fermented out to 21.2% ABV, a tad above the 20% ABV I was seeking. :)

Red Star DADY
Fermax Yeast Nutrient
LD Carlson Pectic Enzyme

Last edited:
Back