New Member Intro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bittersweet

Reaction score
Hey Home Brewers - I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. This is a great forum filled with tons of resources. I've been lurking here the last few days and I have learned so much already.

I'm new to home brewing, and can't wait to get started. But, I'm trying to be patient and learn all I can before I take the plunge. I'm reading How to Brew by Palmer and have really just been overwhelmed (in a good way) by all the great info there.

I also wanted to let you all know that I am a graphic designer and illustrator by trade, so, if anyone needs any feedback on their labels or on their logos, that's what I do for a living, so I would be happy to give advice/pointers. And let me just say that I woke up this morning thinking, "how in the heck do I get my labels to stick on the bottles - glue? specialty paper? Avery labels?" Then I came to this forum and looked in the labels sections...MILK - frickin' milk of all crazy things, I would have never thought of milk. So, there's one giant piece of info learned from this forum. (just the first of many, I'm sure)

Hope all is well, and I can't wait to begin my first brew this weekend. I'll let you all know how it goes. I purchased a kit for my first run, just to get the hang of things. Do most people here brew from kits or all-grain brewing, or formulate their own recipes? I'm curious to know how advanced the folks here are (I'm sure there's a range)

OK, thanks for letting my join your nice forum. Talk soon.
Jamie

Welcome to one of the funnest hobbies there is and the HBT boards.

I'm sure just about everybody here started with a kit. Lots of good resources for that type of brewing here, as I'm sure you already know.

Any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Back