• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan NEW Mega Pot 1.2 15 gallon with 2 ports

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercarbuilder

Reaction score
Sold!

Just bought this kettle brand new from Northern Brewer, even have the original box. Ports welded by a local shop and they didn't do as good of job as I would have liked, so I'm going a different route.

Will ship lower 48 for $35 in original double boxed packaging.

Selling for $150 OBO you basically get a new kettle with free welding and 2 free ports.

IMG_20140604_141757_904.jpg

IMG_20140604_141811_457.jpg

IMG_20140604_141819_059.jpg

IMG_20140604_141903_052.jpg

I dont want to buy this but if u want some TIG welds done right hit me up.. Im downttown gr and frequent allendale (halfway) if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Not that I'm looking to buy, but holy cr@p, sorry to see such a nice pot getting violated like that. I guess it's still functional?

Yup works fine. Might as well give someone a deal who wants to jump up. Could be a great BIAB setup as well.

They aren't as bad as some I've seen, he gave me a bag of abrasive pads that I'm including for the buyer to use. It should clean up fine.

I'm more concerned than I should be because this is going to be my last build (hopefully) so I want everything to be perfect. BTW you can't even see the welds if you use a thermometer.

They aren't as bad as some I've seen, he gave me a bag of abrasive pads that I'm including for the buyer to use. It should clean up fine.

I'm more concerned than I should be because this is going to be my last build (hopefully) so I want everything to be perfect. BTW you can't even see the welds if you use a thermometer.

Not bad at all. I get the "want it to be perfect thing" for sure! Gonna talk to swmbo to see if I can swing it....

Threads in half coupler look jacked and dosent look like full weld on right side os same coupler.. Did u water test the welds? Again jus helping potential buyer (not me)

Not to thread jack

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Threads work fine, tested with a thermometer and Teflon tape. Will be checking for leaks tomorrow night or Sunday, will post the results.

It doesn't look like they used the right alloy rod for this nor did they use any backup gas.

No this looks done by a five year old. If they were reputable this would be a nice pretty tig weld instead of an oxidized stick weld with 0 penetration. Welding bonds two pieces of metal together by basically melting the 2 pieces together. Not just sticking a bunch of tack welds to the outside to hold it in place. I could have done a better job and I've never welded anything in my life. Personally is be asking for my money back and I'd have them replace the brand new pot they destroyed. I wouldn't be surprised if it starts rusting soon.

My brother welds professionally, including SS welding, at a shipyard in LA, just west of the Florida panhandle. We've talked about SS welding on pots, etc. Anyway, I sent him a link to this thread, tho he doesn't brew, and I am awaiting his response...

Threads in half coupler look jacked and dosent look like full weld on right side os same coupler.. Did u water test the welds? Again jus helping potential buyer (not me)

Finally did the water test. All is well, This will make a great kettle.

Back