New Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cregar

Reaction score
This is the Stainless Steel Braid for my new mash tun... just wanted to share to make sure it would work. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

197896671877.jpg

RichBrewer said:
Looks like it will work to me! How about a pic of it in your MLT?

Just need to find a rubber gasket and I will have it all together. Couldn't find on at Home Depot, anyone know where else I might look?

Ace true value hardware stores usually have a pretty good selection of o-rings rubber washers etc.

Well only since you asked for feedback...you don't really need the teflon tape for the two joints on the tee...just all the more sweet liquor. Just kidding, but those two joints are on the "leaky" side of business.

That's exactly what I was planning, glad to see it worked out.

Did you use anything inside the mesh tube to keep if round? I was thinking a spring from a spiral notebook (if it's stainless) would be good to keep it stiff (as it were;) )

Your right wilserbrewer, don't need the tape :) I will check Ace this weekend... thx

Killifter, I just used the stainless steel braid... it's pretty stiff.

Well found the rubber washer and gaskets at Ace Hardware (the best place!!!) so I finished my mash tun... I will post some pics this evening when I get home.

Nice! looks awesome! heres the one i just made... 3 gallon (you can get the 5 gallon for $10 more) stainless steel double insulated cooler. total cost $35 ( i already had the hose) holds temp for 24 hrs! everything is brass

1202258279.jpg
1202258230.jpg

KiltLifter said:
That's exactly what I was planning, glad to see it worked out.

Did you use anything inside the mesh tube to keep if round? I was thinking a spring from a spiral notebook (if it's stainless) would be good to keep it stiff (as it were;) )

notebook spirals are definitely NOT stainless. your local welding supply store will have stainless welding wire though, if you're sure that's the route you want to go. Just make sure it is NOT flux core.

Latest posts

Back