New LHBS in Phoenix Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iparks81

Reaction score
Hops and Tannins is the name of the place
in Anthem, AZ (just north of Phoenix)

went in there for the first time tonight just to see what they had on the shelf
looked like they had everything you'd need to do almost anything that you wanted to do ...dont get me wrong the store was reletivly small and specialty items might have to be special orderd, but for only being open 5 weeks it has the potential to be great!

One of the things that Hops and Tannins sells that other LHBS in the area dont is a good selection of craft brews and wine. I think that is a good choice to set them apart from the others.

prices were right on par with the others, maybe a few cents more expensive, but im sure it will round out with time.

just wanted to get the word out.

Just got an email from the LHBS down here in Tucson. Looks like they're doing well enough to open up a new location in Phx. They have decent prices on ingredients but some of their equipment costs are a little out there.

Brew Your Own Brew
525 E. Baseline Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 8523

I'd love to check it out but as you know the valley is pretty big. I live 10 minutes from the one in Tempe so the one in Anthem is probably an hour away. Oh well, maybe a road trip is in order and I can make a day of it.

Thanks for posting up about these two shops. I didn't know about either.

I added them to the beer mapping project. They should show up on the Phoenix map in a couple of days.

Very cool, I wasnt aware of the one down in Gilbert...i'll have to make the drive one day when I dont have much going on.
well I think the two LHBS that have been in the phx area for a while now can afford a little more volume and provide a slightly better price...the little guys always have to start out with slightly higher prices I think..Either way its nice to see more options here in the valley

Well there is only one option in Flagstaff. But I usually/always only get few special grains and yeast from them and other 2 row and hops elsewhere. The local prices are ie as a kite. My reccomendation is to approach a local brew pub to see if you can buy bulk 2 row and special grain. You will be suprised at the cost of your beer drops faster than my/your home value. I did this 2 years back an cut my cost in half.

I rarely make it up to anthem (I live in CenPho (that's what the kids are calling it at least)), but next time I am there I'll check it out.

I like the name.

Looks like I have one hell of a road trip coming up to drop off posters for the competition. Let's see, Surprise to Anthem to Gilbert and back to Surprise. That's going to be some miles.

Back