New Kegerator - Sankey tap interchangeable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

korndog

Reaction score
Hi guys
My lovely wife just bought me a Kegerator for my birthday. It came with tank, regulator and two Sankey taps. What do you guys reccomend I do at this point? I would say that 75-80% of my beer will be HB from Corny's, but it wouldn't be bad if I could have the option to tap a keg.

KD

There are kits that you can buy to unscrew the fittings to the Sankey coupler and screw them into homebrew ones. I would buy one for one of the taps and then just cut the second one off and replace it with whichever homebrew type you have.

Jonnio said:
There are kits that you can buy to unscrew the fittings to the Sankey coupler and screw them into homebrew ones. I would buy one for one of the taps and then just cut the second one off and replace it with whichever homebrew type you have.

Thank you. I was hoping to hear that answer. I was all googled out when I posted this. Thanks again.

I'm in the process of doing that now.

If i'm not mistaken, and i hope i'm not because i've already ordered my stuff, you need to first buy threaded ball locks with MFL Threads. Then you need to buy corresponding MFL swivel nuts.

That is to hook up to homebrew.

then you need to adapt your sankys to accept the treaded MFL gas and liquid lines by putting MFL male hookups on them.

I got my sanky MFLs from KegConnection. And got my threaded swivel nuts and ball locks from Northern Brewer.

I'm probably not using the right language but that's pretty much how i think you have to do it.

Yeah, I'm not really finding anything that's clear cut on the web. Does anybody have a link to the kits for this conversion..

When I did mine, I looked for about two days for a definitive answer, no kit, no luck. To get a real answer I had to just bring the gear into a home brew shop and try out all the different fittings.

For my setup I had to take the top part of the sankey D tap nipple off the part that hooks up to the faucet and swap that out for a smaller one that would fit cornies. It screws on so it is easy, I then had to get the screw on corny posts a previous poster mentioned. They also have a reducer that takes the top of the sankey D down to the size of the screw tops for the cornies. There are so many possible combinations that I don't think anyone sells a kit. I never would have figured it out without bringing it all in.

If you don't want to screw the pieces and don't anticipate changing often you can just take the sankey off and put a cornie on provided the nipples are the same size. You would just have to pull the posts have to worm clamp them on every time.

You guys are doing this the hard way. Get some in line quick disconnects and just cut the hose.

Back