new keg set up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneTreeFarms

Reaction score
I need alittle help with a kegerator set up. I've got the fridge, co2 tank and 2 ball lock corny kegs. i'm just looking to see what else i need to get or if there's a site i haven't seen yet with a modified package to include the regulator hoses faucet?? if not what individual parts do you recommend? taprite, perlick? hose lengths, also i'd like to do kegging for soda, from what little research i've done so far it looks like that requires a much longer tubing?
alot of information i know, i sometimes ramble when i get excited.

thanks in advance

I need alittle help with a kegerator set up. I've got the fridge, co2 tank and 2 ball lock corny kegs. i'm just looking to see what else i need to get or if there's a site i haven't seen yet with a modified package to include the regulator hoses faucet?? if not what individual parts do you recommend? taprite, perlick? hose lengths, also i'd like to do kegging for soda, from what little research i've done so far it looks like that requires a much longer tubing?
alot of information i know, i sometimes ramble when i get excited.

thanks in advance

You need quick disconnects- one gray and one black for each gas line and each keg on tap. You will want about 10' of 3/16" beer line for each tap as well (don't be fooled by the "five feet is plenty" salesman!). The length of the gas line doesn't matter- you just need it long enough to go from where you have the tank to where you have the kegs.

How many taps are you going to have? If more than one, you'll want a Y-fitting with check valves. You need a couple of clamps for each connection for each hose.

here's a photo of a two keg set up: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=464 (but get 10' of beer line, not 5! you can always cut them shorter but you can't cut them longer).

Thanks yooper. I figured you had the answers. I'm planning on a two keg set up so ill get the connectors and probably a one to three splitter for future expansion. I didn't know about the 10' of line instead of 5 so definitely thanks for that. What about for a dedicated soda line? How long of line should I have for that? Also I'm assuming I'd have to have a dual regulator to do this because isn't soda typically held at a higher psi?

I'd definitely get the 3 way manifold if you think you'll expand. That and the dual regulator (also a good idea I think) will allow you to have four taps, with one set at a different PSI as you mentioned for soda or for carbing. Yooper's link is exactly what I ordered recently from Kegconnection to get my keezer going, with the two upgrades (manifold and regulator) mentioned above. I currently have two kegs on tap, but plan to have four by summer. Call or email Ben at kegconnection. They can customize any order to fit your needs. I found them great to deal with, not to mention the $7.95 flat rate shipping is hard to beat.

Thanks yooper. I figured you had the answers. I'm planning on a two keg set up so ill get the connectors and probably a one to three splitter for future expansion. I didn't know about the 10' of line instead of 5 so definitely thanks for that. What about for a dedicated soda line? How long of line should I have for that? Also I'm assuming I'd have to have a dual regulator to do this because isn't soda typically held at a higher psi?

Yep- soda is typically carbed and served at 30-35 psi. Believe it or not, for that you'll need more like 30 FEET of 3/16" tubing. Since it's expensive, I found some beverage tubing at McMaster-Carr for soda that was $.15/foot, and I bought 50' of it. It's more rigid, so it's harder to work with, but It curls up nicely on top of the keg and doesn't take up a ton of room. The parts number is somewhere on this thread in a "beverage tubing taste" thread. Or, hopefully someone else knows that item number. I just don't- it's been at least 5 years since I bought that tubing.

So, if you're going to have soda and beer, you'll need a dual regulator. You can still use a Y or a distributer on each line, in case you want two at the same pressure.

I hope that helps!

Back