New Keezer Build, Flush Mount Temp Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NarrowsBrewCo

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls,

Well bottling finally got the best of me (as well as trips to the store for craft beers when I was out) so I'm building a keezer.

All my stuff shows up tomorrow and I have my plans. I'd really like to flush mount the temperature control panel somewhere, and I've seen pics of this done.

Are there any threads or guides on how to do this? I'm sure its pretty simple, I'd just rather see how its done first before making a mistake later. If not I'll probs just hang it on the back with velcro til I find a more sleek solution.

Thanks!

As in recessing it into the collar, lid, etc? Or just having it mounted on the side of the keezer/collar?

I have the Ranco controller and it has holes on the back for flush mounting. I just used those, so some options are built in.

Need a bit more info to be on-target with advise. If you're using a collar, mounting most controllers should be pretty easy. Otoh, if you're not using a collar, there are only a couple of places on a chest freezer you can cut holes: the lid, and the compressor compartment cover.

I have a back-up MH1210-F controller mounted in the lid of my low-art/high-tech keezer.

new_keezer.jpg

Same form-factor as the STC-1000, WH7016, etc. Just needed to make a cut-out template, center that in the lid, then use a sabersaw on the sheet metal.
The bezel totally covers the hole, so if you get it centered it looks like it came like that from the factory...

Cheers!

When you get the temp controler pull the back piece (that will eventually "pinch" it in place) off and use it as a template. If cutting metal I'd cut with a dremel with a small cutoff wheel, if adding a collar I'd drill a hole in the corners then use a jig saw.

Back