New Hops: Callista, Ariana and Ivanhoe (Organic).

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
New at Farmhouse!

We are excited to offer 3 new hops and 3 varieties of organic hops this week. The Ariana and Callista are 2 new German hops that were debuted at CBC this year and we're pretty sure we are the only home brew shop offering them at this time.

Ariana
10.2%
Depending upon the style of beer brewed and timing of the addition of the hops, brewers have noticed grapefruit, gooseberry, citrus and vanilla flavors. Ariana is said to be ideal for dry hopping, when it imparts its most intense fruity flavors.

Callista
3.4%
With low total alpha acids (2-5%) and a low cohumulone (15-21), Callista will appeal to brewers who prefer a classic noble hop variety characteristics with traditionally smooth hoppy notes, but who have been craving a fruity profile to take advantage of current trends. Callista has apricot, blackberry and raspberry notes when in its raw hop form. In brewing trials, some of the flavors it imparts are passion fruit, peach, grapefruit and gooseberry depending upon usage and the type of beer brewed.

Ivanhoe (Organic)
7.0%
Ivanhoe is one of the first revivals of California Cluster in more than 50 years. Revived by organic hop farm Hops-Mesiter, LLC near Clearlake, California, it is a European aroma type and has been compared to a more moderate Cascade. It features a lovely, mellow aroma of citrus and pine, but with heady floral and herbal notes.

Kazbek:
4.6%
Flavor and aroma hop that lend itself to a Citrusy profile. Should be great in American style ales and has been used to produce unique Pilsners.

The 3 organic hops are from a local Wisconsin hop producer called Ore-ganic Wisconsin Hops. Wonderful, aroma and character to these hops.

We are offering Cascade, Columbus and Nugget from those guys.

Also scored some Ariana. I didn't see Callista this time around.. Farmhouse shopping gets me excited to try new things with new hops.

I'll be brewing a dry hopped Pale Ale with these. Using the Callista as the bittering hops and Ariana when dry hopping twice.

I just tasted my first pull using Ariana hops. I'm writing an update to my blog on this that should be up tonight. This hop isn't for me, but if you're a van of Nelson Sauvin, you'll like Ariana.

Back