New Homebrewing Blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaredkent

Reaction score
The Art of Homebrewing

I have so much homebrewing ideas, questions, and ramblings running through my head I decided to write it down for the whole internet to see. My goal is to not only teach newcomers a thing or two, but also to document my own learning process. I'm starting off slow with very basic homebrewing how-tos, but once I get past that I will be posting my personal recipes, insight into different techniques, and rants about beer related topics that I get passionate about.
I hope you will follow me if you are on tumblr, subscribe through RSS, or add me on twitter to stay updated on when I post to the blog. Hope to see you there.
:mug:
Cheers!
Jared

The link is borked, it should be like this.

Aside from that, I like your layout and I'll be sure to subscribe :)

I've been doing the same thing recently, it's a good exercise with keeping your thoughts straight and holding yourself accountable. I also include reviews of commercial brews in mine, so I can get used to explaining what I'm tasting better.

Thanks. I adjusted the links so they should work now. I forgot to include the "http://"
I'm starting off easy for newer homebrewers, but I hope to get into semi-basic techniques like yeast starters, krausening your beer before bottling, my personal recipes, what to look for when tasting beer. I'll eventually dip into the process of all-grain. In the coming weeks I'll document my first attempt at washing yeast, as well as my attempt at growing hops once spring rolls around. I'll probably even be posting some beer reviews as well.

I like it. I'm also on tumblr so I can follow you

Sweet! I'm posting fairly regularly at the start to try and keep people drawn in, and to post some stuff that isn't basic homebrewing. I'll probably limit myself to 1 - 2 posts a week after awhile though. I have a bank of ideas I've written down, but I don't want to blow through them all in a month then have nothing to talk about.

I'm thinking something like posts on Sundays and Wednesdays, with some beer reviews and other short entries during the off days.

I updated the link to http://theartofhomebrewing.tumblr.com to better flow with the blog title. Just so you know, amartinez's link will no longer send you to the homebrew blog, but a personal blog URL that will provide a link to the main blog.

Just posting this to avoid any confusion.

Back