New Homebrew Club in Jo Co, KS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcbeersnob

Reaction score
Now that normal club activities are legal in KS, I have been talking to some guys about starting a club in Johnson County. We'll obviously be looking for folks to join. PM me if you're interested.

One of the LHBS's has offered their location as an initial meeting place.

We had a successful first meeting and now have a website, Facebook group and e-mail address. All can be accessed from here: http://jocobs.info

Club name: Johnson County Brewing Society

AHA registration is pending.

Cool to hear. We have been slowly starting a club as well. We are the Midwest Band of Brewers (on facebook) and are also located here in JOCO.

We started out as several guys brewing on a one barrel system and have grown so much that we are working on forming a Co-OP. There are about 15 of us now. We should get together.

Here is our plan: Each of us is putting in 15.00 a month. As we gather funds we are building all grain brewing set ups that can handle three batches. We are doing bulk orders on supplies and then selling to members at cost.

We think this is going to be a great value. We hope to bring people into the hobby by enabling them to brew on club equipment, at club grain and hop prices. Systems will be housed by designated members. We can use these systems as needed for group brews of just a couple members or a bunch of us.

In the short term it will enable people to brew along with others quite affordable. If we can grow, in the long run it could be a store front and then a co-op brewery.

Like I said we would love to meet you guys.

The Johnson County brewing society members meet this Thursday at Brew Lab in OP. Last weekend we hosted the BrewHoff which was a blast. The club brewed a beer for the BrewHoff on Brew Lab's system. Most of the members have their own system and the club is about turning us into better brewers and also sharing that with new people.

Sounds good. Wish I could come, but I am on duty tonight. Our next brew is the 5th I will be happy to PM an address if anyone wants to visit.

Hello Everyone, I'm a new home-brewer with my first batch only three days into the bottles. I would love to learn from some of your groups. Maybe this thread would be a good place to put links to a calendar for day and location of meetings? If I should be looking somewhere else for the calendars, let me know.

Cheers!

Sorry for the very late reply. Johnson County Brewing Society meets on the fourth Thursday of every month at Brew Lab in Overland Park. Details, including our event calendar, are on our website: http://jocobs.info.

Latest posts

Back