New guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginger_gangster

Reaction score
I used to brew a long while ago, 10ish plus years ago. Id love to get back into it, I need a hobby. I still have all my old equipment, but there has to be way better stuff now days. I mainly want to be into kegs, because I have an extra kegerator. What equipment would you recommend for doing all grain brews?

Welcome from Missouri.

Partial to BIAB, but that's also the only method I've tried. Three vessel always seemed like a lot more work and clean up, IMHO. You didn't mention ferm temp control, but that would be high on the list, as well as a grain mill. Keep us posted on your progress.

One major change has been all-in-one brew systems such as Grainfather Brewzilla etc. Super convenient and consistent. Depending on your setup, it may be worth considering. On the high end, Speidel and HERMS are very popular.

Also, on the cold side there are small stainless fermenters available with lots of options, such as SS Brewbucket and Spike Flex.

Welcome back and good luck!

I was recommended an interesting book "How to Brew"! I have already started reading it and you may find it useful!

Back