New guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wesley Dog

Reaction score
Help.
I have been brewing since 1998. Still have MUCH to learn. I live in the mountains of North Carolina which enjoys an abundance of craft brewing companies.

I have for the past several years brewed with a PICO Z and have enjoyed it. Recently ran into a new problem.
As I face the Z grain bin, on the right my grain bed only gets moist. Wort circulates back into the keg with no problems I can see. Some of the hop bins suffer the same problem, the wort does not get to them where they can become fully dissolved. I have done mutiple rinses and cleans with no change. In the past the grain bed would fill and soak the grain as it should-it now skips this process.

I am stumped. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Have a safe and healthy 2023!

Vaughn

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry I can't be any help with the Pico Z but hope you and yours have a wonderful NYE!

Welcome to the forum, I too have no experience with a Pico Z but isn't their a way you can get in there and stir it when you mash in?

I can do that. however my problem is getting the wort over the grainbed so it soaks and removes sugar.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Vaughn

Help.
I have been brewing since 1998. Still have MUCH to learn. I live in the mountains of North Carolina which enjoys an abundance of craft brewing companies.

I have for the past several years brewed with a PICO Z and have enjoyed it. Recently ran into a new problem.
As I face the Z grain bin, on the right my grain bed only gets moist. Wort circulates back into the keg with no problems I can see. Some of the hop bins suffer the same problem, the wort does not get to them where they can become fully dissolved. I have done mutiple rinses and cleans with no change. In the past the grain bed would fill and soak the grain as it should-it now skips this process.

I am stumped. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Have a safe and healthy 2023!

Vaughn
Welcome to the forum, there’s a thread or two with pico users that are keeping it going even after the company failed. Also if you use Facebook there’s a group there, some are also here.

Latest posts

Back