New guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a66jagdream

Reaction score
I'm COMPLETELY new to this form as well as brewing in general, I honestly know very very little. But my roommate designed this logo and idea for a brewing company as well as few different beers. So we decided to go with it and start brewing and see where it goes. We're going for a brewing company that appeals to females. We are wanting to make a vanilla ale. Maybe even a porter. Is there any directions you guys could point me in that could get us started on the right track?

A vanilla ale doesn't sound very good to me, but you can't beat a really nice porter.

We have some easy porter recipes posted in the recipe area of the forum, or you can buy an extract kit with steeping grains (and they have good instructions) from austinhomebrew.com or northernbrewer.com. I've brewed many of their kits and been very happy with them.

uhm, put Robert Patinson's face on the label?

He didn't say underage females ;)

You're definitely not doing so well with the vanilla thing OP, you're 0 for 2 with me and Yooper (but as she does, I do enjoy a good porter). In addition to the recipe forum here there are good books on recipe formulation out there like Brewing Classic Styles and Designing Great Beers. You might want to start with a basic brewing book like How to Brew, though.

By the time this company gets off the ground, they'll be of age, and besides there's millions upon millions of 30+ women into the whole twilight thing. Keep the vanilla, brew it pale and pasty and have it sparkle in the glass. Doesn't matter if there's no substance, and the critics pan the hell out of it. You'll be a millionaire within a year. Under the cap you print 'Robert's special message just for you.'

Then do another one with a werewolf theme, and get them fighting over which beer is better. You can't lose.

Back