New guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X8u2X

Reaction score
Plan on making my first cider in the next couple weeks. I have 5 gallons of pasteurized cider from concentrate and 2 pounds clover honey to add. I have been looking at CvilleKevins great recipes and that's where i got this from, thanks for all you're experimenting. Ill start with around 1.060 and end it somewhere around 1.010-1.005 depending on taste. My question is what do you think would give it a more apple taste the Nottingham or the so4 yeast, or maybe something else?

Plan on making my first cider in the next couple weeks. I have 5 gallons of pasteurized cider from concentrate and 2 pounds clover honey to add. I have been looking at CvilleKevins great recipes and that's where i got this from, thanks for all you're experimenting. Ill start with around 1.060 and end it somewhere around 1.010-1.005 depending on taste. My question is what do you think would give it a more apple taste the Nottingham or the so4 yeast, or maybe something else?

I like using WLP775 English Cider Yeast.
http://www.whitelabs.com/beer/strains_wlp775.html

Mcduff

I think the two yeast options that you listed will result in pretty similar end products, although I've had problems with Notty in the past...

Back