New guy. My setup and one of my latest brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axlrose16

Reaction score
an amber I did last week... posted pics of the vanilla bean porter and imperial IPA in the general section... cheers

3186197123_307d3079f4.jpg

3186198889_196197ab94.jpg

3187042218_1f4bb5de02.jpg

3187039288_93ccb6db9a.jpg

:mug:I'll bet thats where the recipees are.:ban:
looks like a good setup indoors out of the cold, nice and stabil for fermentation. Do you vent your boil kettle outside? Watch out for carbon monoxide if you use lp.

yeh the basement is fantastic - I have everything set up in the southern corner so it's a bit warmer but definitely quite stable for fermentation.

I do vent when I heat...no worries :cross:

the beer in the carboy behind my pup is my "panic attack" imperial IPA... it has only been 24 hours and the krausen is nearing the neck of the carboy. With such a big beer and a large yeast starter pitched into that beer I anticipated having incredibly vigourous fermentation with plenty of krausen and I wanted to make sure there'd be plenty of room for all those nasties to escape while staying sanitary and such. You'll find it common for people to do this with big beers. hope I answered your q?

the beer in the carboy behind my pup is my "panic attack" imperial IPA... it has only been 24 hours and the krausen is nearing the neck of the carboy. With such a big beer and a large yeast starter pitched into that beer I anticipated having incredibly vigourous fermentation with plenty of krausen and I wanted to make sure there'd be plenty of room for all those nasties to escape while staying sanitary and such. You'll find it common for people to do this with big beers. hope I answered your q?

makes perfect sence i was surfing the site earlier and seen it and never knew what it was for thought i would ask thanks for the info:mug:i love the name panic attack hahhaa

Back