New fermentation chamber score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
Just drug this back to the cave today:

Cooler.jpg

Craigslist deal? :mug:

I have been shopping for something similar. I think the glass doors would be awesome for keeping an eye on your carboys. I like to watch beer ferment. :D

Nope. Actually, through work. State surplus. I've been having to sit on my hands while they offer it to other state agencies and then put it up for sale to the general public before they were allowed to let me buy it. Got it for 100 bones. :D

Nice score.... Try turning the temp control to 1 and see if it will hold Lager temps.
I am thinking about how best to control something similar, I want to use it for Lagers and Ales. It being a commercial fridge the evaporator fan runs constantly and will throw off enough heat to get it up to Ale temps but would need a rewire to get the cold to kick on to maintain 68°

What a great deal. Everytime I'm at the grocery store I want to take one of those. Does it have a temp controller itself or will you have to add one?

Does it have a temp controller itself or will you have to add one?

I don't know yet. I haven't had a chance to play with it. I had them plug it in and show me that it made cold air, but beyond that I haven't checked anything out on it. I'll have to see what temp(s) it runs at. I'm hoping I can just set it to run at ale temps but I'm not holding my breath.

It's an oldie but a goodie. Got a bunch of extra shelves with it to so I can configure it however I want. Should be able to store a bunch of other stuff in it that needs to be kept cool but not cold.

Best part of the deal? I have a small chest freezer that would be just right to hold one fermenter that I had earmarked for a fermentation chamber. Now... that's gonna be my keezer!

Just took one of my primaries out to see how it fit. If I can find more of the shorter, wider ale pails like I have... I'll be able to fit 4 of them in there at once. :ban:

Back