New electric brewery control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbus3000

Reaction score
Been posting a few pictures of my slightly modified Kal clone control panel over on the electric brewery site and just thought I would post a few here as well. Front of the control panel (still need tags), back plane ( I have since replaced the bottom rail with a longer rail for more room and arranged the components in slightly different locations) all of the components are rated at 60 amp or higher and the two SSR are rated at 80 amp to allow for expansion to a 50 amp system in the future, back side of the door (RTD plugs not yet wired). Currently working on a rolling brew stand and rolling pedestal stand for the control box.

100_1734.JPG

100_1741.JPG

100_1740.JPG

Been posting a few pictures of my slightly modified Kal clone control panel over on the electric brewery site and just thought I would post a few here as well. Front of the control panel (still need tags), back plane ( I have since replaced the bottom rail with a longer rail for more room and arranged the components in slightly different locations) all of the components are rated at 60 amp or higher and the two SSR are rated at 80 amp to allow for expansion to a 50 amp system in the future, back side of the door (RTD plugs not yet wired). Currently working on a rolling brew stand and rolling pedestal stand for the control box.

Props for having a leg lamp in the first picture!

Leg lamp from the best Christmas movie of all time. Wish I could afford the full size one to put in my front window at Christmas. I do have a heat sink installed, just not visible in the picture (box is 12" deep). It is a 75 amp heat sink. Between the 80 amp SSR and the 75 amp heat sink I do not expect to see any heat issues since I will never be close to the 80 amp capacity. The panel is wired for 30 amp now (the two breakers that are not wired are for 50 amp upgrade). The terminal block on the bottom left is power for four 120 volt plugs. Hope to have the brew stand and pedestal done in a few weeks.

Back