New Dry Yeast- Mangrove Jack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
We just received 8 new dry yeast from Mangrove Jack:

Check it out: http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/

Bavarian Wheat
Top fermenting Bavarian wheat beer yeast imparts banana and clove esters balanced with spiced aromas. This yeast produces a silky mouth feel and rich body.

Suitable for brewing Hefeweizen, Kristal Weizen, Dunkel Weizen and more.

Attenuation: Medium

Flocculation: Low

Usage Directions: Sprinkle contents directly on up to 23L (6 US Gal.) of wort. Ferment at 18-30 C (59-86 F) for best results.

Belgian Ale Yeast

Belgian Ale Yeast is an exceptional top-fermenting yeast creating highly characterful beers with spicy, fruity and peppery notes ideal for Belgian Saison or farmhouse style beer.

Suited for brewing all Belgian ales, including Quadruples of up to 14% abv.

Attenuation: Very High

Flocculation: Medium

Usage Directions: Sprinkle contents directly on up to 23L (6 US Gal) of wort. For best results, ferment at 26-32C (79-90F)

Bohemian Lager
A bottom-fermenting lager strain suitable for European lager and pilsner style beers. This yeast will produce soft, delicate and balanced beers with a dry and clean palate.

Suitable for German/ Bohemian Pilsners, all lager styles, German Bocks and more

Attenuation: High

Flocculation: High

Usage Directions: Sprinkle 2 sachets directly on up to 23L (6 US Gal.) of wort. For best results, ferment at 10-15 C (50-59 F).

Burton Union

A top fermenting ale yeast suitable for a wide variety of hoppy and distinctive English style beers. This strain products light and delicate fruity esters and does not strip away malt character or body.

Suitable for Ordinary Bitter, Extra Special Bitter, Golden Ale and more

Usage Directions: Sprinkle contents directly on up to 23L (6 US. Gal) of wort. For best results, ferment at 18-23 C (64-74 F).

New Castle Dark Ale
A top fermenting ale yeast suitable for a variety of hearty British ales, promoting exceptional body and flavour. Ferments with full, rich dark fruit flavours.

Suitable for Dark Mild Ale, English Brown Ale, Scottish Havy Ale and more

Attenuation: Medium

Usage Directions: Sprinkle contents directly on up to 23L (6 US Gal.) of wort. For best results, ferment at 18-22 C (64-72 F).

U.S. West Coast Yeast

A top fermenting ale strain suitable for American style ales. This yeast produces an exceptionally clean flavour, ideal for when you want the hop character to really punch through.

Suitable for American Style Pale Ale, American Double IPA, American- Style Imperial stout and more.

Workhorse Yeast

Usage Directions: Sprinkle contents directly on up to 23L (6 US Gal.) of wort. For best results ferment at 18-23 C (59-74 F).

A top fermenting yeast which produces a clean, crisp flavour suitable for a wide variety of styles with different fermenting temperatures. This versatile yeast is well suited to making cask or bottle conditioned beer.

Suitable for brewing a range of styles from light lager to Baltic Porter.

Usage Directions: Sprinkle contents directly on up to 23L (6 US Gal.) of wort. Suitable to ferment lager styles at 15-20 C (59-68 F) and all other beer styles at 20-32 C (68-90 F).

Cider Yeast

A high ester - producing cider strain imparting wonderful flavour depth, revealing the full fruit potential. Makes exceptionally crisp, flavoursome and refreshing ciders.

Suitable for brewing all types of cider.

Usage Directions: Sprinkle contents directly on up to 23L (6 US Gal.) of juice. Ferment at 18-24 C (64-75 F) for best results.

Storage Recommendations: Store in the fridge

It is hit or miss, some people can get through and some not. Apparently it can take up to 48 hours for it to come through.....Don't ask me.

I got a couple of these from the LHBS. Next time I brew up my Bitter I'll split ferment Burton Union & New Castle Dark. I usually follow my Bitter fermentations with an Amber so I'll get a good sense of how each one tastes on basic English beer styles.

I'm excited to see the Cider-specific yeast strain. Wine yeasts don't do it for me and I haven't had much luck with beer yeasts. The Workhorse scares me.

Killer new site design!!!

Might pick some of these up just waiting on your response to my question in the other thread...

Looking to bulk up on hops for the summer, lookign for pellet pounds of cascade, cenntennial and 7Cs
Any idea when youll be getting some in?

Hate giving my hop buisness to other shops when you guys have treated me so good in the past!
Cheers

I have never heard of Mangrove Jack... are they producing this yeast themselves, or is it repackaged from Fermentis or someone?

Has anyone had a chance to use these new yeasts? I haven't seen finished brew reviews anywhere....maybe it's just too early still?

Interesting. I've only used dry yeast once, because the available selection is so limited. I'll definitely keep these in mind for future batches.

Really interested in that Belgian Ale yeast with those temp ranges...79 to 90. That's perfect for my basement this time of year.

I'm currently doing my first cider with Mangrove Jack's M02. Only been fermenting about 4 days but it is really active.

anyone have experience with the Belgian Ale yeast yet?

I'm loving the Leffe clone made with it. Loads of spicy character, and it really is attenuative - I forgot to add any sugar but got a nice dry beer with light body anyway.

A brewer friend just made a split batch and fermented 5 gallons with the Newcastle yeast. It stopped at 1.020 but made a very tasty, sweet, 4.3% ABV Porter.

Back