New conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking and picking up two 14.5 gallon fermenters soon. Which one did you buy? I'm curious about the newer short oneswith wheels that they are selling. It appears the lid attaches with a lock ring.

I got my conical from ebay from a guy that presses and builds them himself. I was skeptical at first but it looks and works great. It has a built in thermometer. I liked it so much I bought another one. And I contacted him last week to see if he will be selling any more. He will have more Aug 1st. I forgot to mention that they are under $200 each including shipping.

I'm looking at getting a 14.5 gal, how much did shipping to Newfoundland cost you for the 7.3?

$95 and don't forget customs. These are made in China not the US.
Customs was another $40

Still cheaper than the blichman.

Phoenix... less than $200 US with shipping and no customs do sound a lot cheaper that what I got, seeing they are ( I assume ) made in the US of A

Even though they are made in china I believe they ship from Oregon.

That's right, they did ship from Oregon. Real quick too, surprised the heck out of me how fast it got here.

As a side note, I was talking to a buddy of mine in Nova Scotia about my new purchase, and he is going to GIVE me a plastic one he had lying around he isn't using. All I need do is to get it shipped to me, which I think I can get done for free through another buddy.
Good friends are not nesessarly hard to find, but to keep them you have to reciprocate favours, tit for tat as it were. I now owe him.....:)

They are nice looking. So with SS conicals do you still do a primary and secondary? Or do you just drain of the least from the bottom?

They are nice looking. So with SS conicals do you still do a primary and secondary? Or do you just drain of the least from the bottom?

I don't do a secondary with glass carboys or plastic buckets. I just don't think it's necessary to take the beer off the yeast until I'm ready to serve. I also make slot of lagers and they stay on the yeast for months. That's being said, yes with a conical you can dump the yeast. I'll use it more to harvest yeast than to remove it for the sake of removing it.

Back