New chugger pumps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milldoggy

Reaction score
Huge thanks to chuggerpumps. I called into the final gravity podcast on Saturday and scored a free pump. I got the pump today also. Did have one question, the inlet seems to be full bore, but the out does not seem to be full 1/2 id. Not sure it will really matter, just want to see if others who are using the black chuggers have the same head.

Huge thanks to chuggerpumps. I called into the final gravity podcast on Saturday and scored a free pump. I got the pump today also. Did have one question, the inlet seems to be full bore, but the out does not seem to be full 1/2 id. Not sure it will really matter, just want to see if others who are using the black chuggers have the same head.

Mine is the same way. I emailed Mike (w/ Chugger) to see if that was how it was supposed to be. Here was his response: "We changed it to assist with moving boiling wort. We have found it helps to prevent cavitation."

FWIW, mine works like a champ and moves the hell out of some hot wort.

Latest posts

Back