NEW BYO IPA Style Guide is now available!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinVT

Reaction score
Brew Your Own's latest special newsstand-only issue has just arrived from the printer and is packed with 101 recipes, tips, and techniques to help you make great IPA at home.

We’ve split our just-released IPA Style Guide into four style sections for exploring this diverse beer style.

• English IPA: A dozen recipes and style techniques
• American IPA: 37 recipes, tips and style suggestions
• Imperial or Double IPA: 24 recipes, tips and style suggestions
• Specialty IPAs: 28 recipes broken out into 7 sub-categories with tips and brewing advice. Includes*recipes for Belgian, Black, Brett, Red, Rye, Wheat & White IPAs

*101 total recipes from clones of commercial IPAs that we worked on with the brewer, to our favorite tried and true homebrewer IPA recipes from the last two decades.
*All recipes come formatted for all-grain and extract brewers.

Get your copy of The Best of Brew your Own's IPA Style Guide at better homebrew supply retailers or from our online store by clicking here.

IPACover_FB-500x500.jpg

I bought the style guide, and was just wondering why you don't include that as part of a yearly subscription? You could always make it optional. It just saves me some time ordering is all.

I bought the style guide, and was just wondering why you don't include that as part of a yearly subscription? You could always make it optional. It just saves me some time ordering is all.

Hi Mbobhat, First off we want to thank you for being a BYO subscriber. We typically publish 1-3 special issues each year. Including those as part of an annual 8-issue subscription would significantly increase the annual subscription rate which isn't something we want to force on any subscriber. Offering the special issues through homebrew supply shops and our web store seems to be a good dynamic, but we appreciate your feedback. Here is a link to all of our current special issue offerings: http://byo.com/store/byo-special-issues

Be sure to ask for them at your LHBS!

I actually LOVE that idea - I'm not a subscriber (used to be) but would certainly reconsider if BYO used their special editions (which I do purchase) as a subscription bonus! Like the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated (which works great for marketing, but unlike this idea, is actually quite ridiculous).

Latest posts

Back