Mississippi new brewer in Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwfripp

Reaction score
New to the Hattiesburg, MS area and looking to start brewing again. There is a supply store down the road but it doesn't seem to be open (even before COVID) Anyone know a good spot to by ingredients locally or a site to get them shipped in? Thanks

I lived in Hattiesburg about 3 years ago so a lot could of changed since then. There was not a lot of homebrew stores at the time. The Brew Kettle was just setting up there homebrew supplies. I usually went up to Brew Ha Ha in Jackson.

Welcome mwFripp!! I live in Petal myself. I'm pretty sure The Brew Kettle has closed up shop. The same owners had opened up a craft beer store here in Petal and it was only open for about 2 years when they moved over there. Personally, I drive over to Mobile to The Winesmith to buy all my grains in bulk and I order hops online. I typically just harvest yeast from prior batches or make yeast starters a bit bigger than needed and store some for another starter later.

Welcome to Hattiesburg!!! Hit me up sometime and we can brew together!

Atlantic Brew Supply in NC has 2 day shipping to MS. I use them if they have all I need for an order or go with MoreBeer when they don't, as they have a more extensive inventory. Keep in mind, not a good time to be shipping liquid yeasts, but to chance it, best to go with someone close by.

I grew up in the 'Sip, graduated from State, then moved to Alabama for work. I'm relatively new to the hobby, but I'll cast another vote for Atlantic Brew Supply. They usually have everything I need at good prices, and they ship quickly. Most things will ship for a flat $8 if you spend at least $25, or free shipping if you spend at least $125.

I've used Northern Brewer and More Beer! as well. Their selection it a little bit more extensive, but shipping tends to take longer.

Back