New brewer in Austin, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z64dan

Reaction score
Greetings, fellow Brewers. My name is Danny and I got a homebrew kit from Austin Homebrew Supply sometime in January, and I'm about to brew my 3rd batch. Thought I would say hello here. I know there's a lot of homebrewers in the Austin Area (AHS was packed today, and I have two friends who also brew).

Have been pretty lucky with sanitation so far (nothing's been ruined... yet) so we'll see how long that can keep up.

For my first batch, I made the Texas Blonde Ale from AHS. It was alright, nothing super special, but it was a pretty good light beer. I just bottled the AHS Special Bitter, which I'm pretty excited about, and today I just went and bought the AHS Greenbelt Stout for a nice saturday brewing session (my darkest beer yet). I've got some Widmer Bros Rotator IPA to keep me company during the brew...

I've been to a few breweries around the country, which is one reason I decided to start brewing myself. I've been to Real Ale in Blanco TX, Thirsty Planet in Austin TX, Harpoon and Boston Brewing Company (Sam Adams) in Boston, Shipyard Brewery in Portland Maine, and I've probably been to about 15-20 wineries around the country.

Well, that's me and my brewing in a nutshell. I also enjoy R/C planes, but that hobby is kinda on hold until I get a bigger place to live (stupid giant slow flyers).

Cheers!

Danny

hey danny--just got into this myself a couple of months ago after having lots of friends give it a go back in college. all the homebrewers i've met in town have been really helpful. good thing to check out that i really enjoyed was the austin zealots meeting if you hadn't been. its a great place to get feedback & try a bunch of beer. good luck/cheers

Nice, I just joined the Yahoo group. That's the right one, right? :p

Look forward to going to one of them meetings! I just tried my ESB (after only 1 week in bottle) and it was deeelicious. Only 2-3 more weeks before it is Primo, probably!

Back