New Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortunete11er

Reaction score
Well I decided to build a brew stand based on three factors

1. I looked at alot of the pictures here.
2. I realized my current burner was way to weak.
3. and I got tired of bending down on the garage floor with one small burner

Came up with a drawing while watching TV one night, went online and got two good strong burners from lowes and then did a search for steel.

I drove out to the steel distributer about 20 minutes away and bought four 24 foot sections of 1 1/4 inch square tubing for $89.00 each then went to lowes and got some wood, stain and black paint.

This project took me three days to build, plans were a pretty good guide but as I started to build I had to make a few changes like reduce the stand height due to wheels, remove a center piece because its not needed for support, etc. I not only wanted the brew stand for brewing but also for storing my stuff when not in use to save room in the garage and of course while brewing it would all be together in one place and I wouldn't have to go looking for it.

Welding took about 2 days because I would do some, go goof off, do some more, goof off, and then finally finish.....then goof off again. Third day I painted the stand. I glued the 2x4 slats side by side that would hold the burners, I wanted it thick to obsorb the heat from above. I accounted for the thickness and it looks good to. Then I stained all the wood, and of course cut and put the wood shelves on the stand and stained them.

Cost was about $450.00 without the burners, most of the cost was the steel at about $389.00 and the rest was stain, paint and wood and locking casters.

Let me know what you think.

20161012_1.jpg

20161012_2.jpg

20161014_3.jpg

20161014_4.jpg

20161014_5.jpg

20161014_6.jpg

Back