New Brau Supply BIAC...with Brewboss option...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew-in

Reaction score
Hi Team,

As you have probably garnered from my posts, I have been considering a BIAC system. Chatting with Steven from Brau Supply, I learned he was working on a redesign/update of his BIAC. I decided to wait and see how this turned out before pulling the trigger.

I just heard from him. The redesigned system is up on his website.....and it is offered with the Brewboss!

At first glance it looks real interesting.

Looking forward to you all's thoughts and opinions. Here is the link:

http://brausupply.com/collections/single-vessel-systems/products/unibrau-pro-45l-electric-brew-system

Thanks,
Dan

Looks good from here if that's what you would think works best.
Its not for me though, I want my fermenter(s) to be separate from the brewing kettle.

I am a one or two brew a month homebrewer and an all-in-one system such as this is very attractive to me.

Also, as has been discussed, a second conical would allow the brewing of two brews at once.... Brew and transfer to second conical for fermentation ....than all in one conical is all set for another brew and ferment...

IMHO (and oddly enuff this matters to me) this is one attractive system.... DW even says it can stay in the house vice garage!... She suggested a corner in the family room with a bit of beer paraphernalia around it as decorations :)

Been reading (and rereading) the info posted on the Brau Supply site and trying to compare their 100L All-In-One to the nearest equivalent Brewha unit.

Given differences in included accessories, price comparisons are difficult. So it is difficult to do an "apples to apples" price comparison. As best I can tell, comparing Brewha's Medium BIAC to the BrauSupply 100L All-In-One, the BrauSupply 100L appears to be about 20% to 25% less.

From a capacity/spec perspective, the Brau Supply's 100L system appears to be about 20L bigger than the Brewha Medium. If I understand the specs, the BrewHa Medium BIAC has a "max pre-boil volume" of 76L and the Brau Supply 100L has a "usable volume" of 95L. Assuming these two terms equate ("max pre-boil volume" and "usable volume"), the BrauSupply 100L appears to be about 20L bigger than the Brewha medium.

If I have this correct, the new Brau Supply 100L All-In-One is 20L bigger and (at least) 20% less than the Brewha Medium BIAC.

I invite folks to correct me if I have misinterpreted something or provide your alternative view.

I think you'll like either, I have a Brewha medium and have quite enjoyed brewing with it. I wasn't interested in the Brewboss or the full on BIAC since I already had my own controller and a pump, so I bought just the 3 in 1 and the mash colander. If you need a full system, the near $600 price difference of the Brewha Medium BIAC and the Brausupply 100L is quite significant and I would probably lean in favor of the Brausupply. As far as volumes, my Brewha is around 95L to the brim, so it doesn't appear that there is a significant difference in the capacities they are rated to hold.

Good luck with your search!

Cool...thanks for clarifying the size of the BrewHa medium...

Yeah the Brausupply does appear to be about $600 less and it comes with the Brew-Boss controller (a biggie for me). Reading on the website, Darin of Brew-Boss customized his Brew Boss control system to the Brau Supply All-In-One. Even added fermentation temp control....

Factoring in the increased cost of the Brew Boss (over a traditional controller) seems to indicate the BrauSupply is even a better value than the $600 price difference indicates.

Discussion started here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=549060

but will continue here as it deals with the new systems.

I think the systems look good and certainly cheaper than the Brewha system. That said, they are different. The Brewha uses a jacketed conical whereas the BruaSupply system uses an immersion coil.

I think the coil is better for wort cooling to pitching temps, but my sense, based on my experience with a SSBrewtech conical with the FTSS (immersion coil fermentation control) is that a jacketed conical will maintain more consistent temps throughout the fermenting wort as it surrounds the entire volume rather than contacting a small portion. My experience with the FTSS system shows there can be a full 10 degree difference in wort temp in same batch depending on where the reading was taken.

I was really hoping to get Brau Supply to modify their 75L conical to take a heating element thinking they were they same base conical and thus making the old 75L basket usable, but no such luck. I could do it myself I guess and have a basket made by arborfab or Utah biodiesel but I'm not sure I can get someone to punch a hole in a jacketed conical and weld in the triclamp fittings without ruining the whole thing.

In any event, I'm still considering the new 45L system as is. If anyone has one of their earlier systems, a review would be great.

best,
Mark

Hi, I'm in the early stages of looking at BIAC as an alternative to my current system, a 3 vessel/burner propane. I don't like propane and would love to shorten my brew days so that I brew more often. It would great to brew in the house as well but not sure it will work - don't have 240 electric and water supply in a convenient place. Have you guys been happy with the Brausupply or Brewha systems? Any others I should check out? Does the Brausupply hold fermentation temp? I would still most likely have to keep it in the garage so would have to come up with some temp control solutions. Thanks!

Hi, I'm in the early stages of looking at BIAC as an alternative to my current system, a 3 vessel/burner propane. I don't like propane and would love to shorten my brew days so that I brew more often. It would great to brew in the house as well but not sure it will work - don't have 240 electric and water supply in a convenient place. Have you guys been happy with the Brausupply or Brewha systems? Any others I should check out? Does the Brausupply hold fermentation temp? I would still most likely have to keep it in the garage so would have to come up with some temp control solutions. Thanks!

I have a medium BIAC from Brewha with which I am more than pleased. The Auberin electronic temp controller which came with my BIAC handles mash, boil, and fermentation temps quite well. In our Midwestern summers I run muni water through the jacket to cool the wort and maintain fermentation temp. In the winter the power control box is dialed down to 3% to maintain fermentation temperature with the heating element. If I had to do it all over again, I would purchase the same system. Hope this helps.

Back